Secured loans now available for £250k–£5m
We’re reintroducing our standard range of secured loan products up to £2m, increasing our offering from £250K–£5m. These products will sit alongside our loans of £2–5m in our range of secured lending for businesses.
We’ll be open for applications from Monday, 23rd May.
What will these products offer?
Our new secured loans range will offer:
- Loan sizes from £250K–£2m
- Maximum LTV of 75% for commercial property investment, commercial owner-occupied and semi-commercial borrowers
- Variable and fixed rate products — we’ll be offering longer variable rate terms than we could through the Recovery Loan Scheme (RLS)
Head over to our secured loans page for full details about our range.
Are these products different from RLS loans?
Yes, we closed for new RLS loan applications on 9th May ahead of the Scheme itself closing on 30th June.
However, we’re continuing our support for SMEs with these new £250K–£2m business loans, in addition to our existing £2–5m offering.
There are two key differences from the RLS application process that will reduce the amount of information and documentation that we need upfront for our secured loans:
- RLS-specific forms no longer need to be submitted (RLS supplementary form and RLS undertaking in difficulty form)
- RLS-specific lending criteria is no longer in place — for example, businesses will not have to certify they have been impacted by covid or have more than 50% of their turnover to be from trading activity.
How to apply
To apply, brokers should log into Portal and create a quote for a variable and fixed rate loan using our Quick Quote tool. Then, if satisfied with the quote, a full application can be submitted through Portal.
Brokers should check our lending criteria before submitting a quote. We also encourage brokers to download and review the application checklist [PDF] to make sure their case is fully packaged.
To discuss these products further, get in touch with our TBDM team by email at email@example.com or by phone on 0333 399 0060 (9am–5pm, Mon–Fri).