1. How do I register?
You can register with us if your network and firm are on our panel. To register, click on the registration link at the top of this page.
2. When will I be able to use Digital Mortgages?
Our mortgages will initially launch through a limited number of networks. We’ve done this to ensure we get everything perfect before the full roll out. It’s about delivering on our values, and giving you and your customers the very best service. Once we’re 100% happy, you’ll see our mortgages everywhere - it’ll happen soon, so watch this space.
3. I haven't received my email to register, what do I do?
First thing’s first, check your junk mail as it might have gone in there by mistake. If you still can't find it, give our support team a call on 0333 399 0055 and they’ll get things sorted for you.
Logging into your portal
1. I've forgotten my password or username, what do I do?
Don’t worry, you can easily reset your username and password from your login screen. If you need help, simply call our support team on 0333 399 0055 and they’ll assist you.
2. I think I've locked myself out of my account. What do I do?
There are a few different reasons why your account may have been locked, so give our support team a call on 0333 399 0055 and we’ll get it sorted for you.
3. Where do I sign into my account online?
You can do that at the top of this page. Just head for the 'sign in' button.
The App - what you need to know
1. What is the App?
The App is essentially Atom Bank. Think of it as your personal branch but without the endless queuing and limited opening hours. The App will connect your customers to their mortgage, it’s where they’ll be able to track their application from Decision In Principle to completion. This even includes providing them with a copy of the DIP certificate and Mortgage Offer. As Atom is built on technology rather than bricks and mortar, there’ll be a constant stream of exciting new features launching on the App.
2. Why does my customer need the App?
All mortgage applicants need to download and use the Atom Bank App, as it’s part of their mortgage T&Cs. If they have it already that’s great, if not, it can be downloaded at the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. At the DIP stage the customer will receive a code via email and SMS, and this allows them to access the mortgage part of the App. It’s essential they have the App by the offer stage of the process, as each applicant needs to view and accept their mortgage offer and T&Cs within the App - if they don’t their mortgage can’t complete. They’ll then use the App to service their account for the lifetime of their mortgage.
3. How does my customer get the App?
They simply visit the App Store or Play Store, search for Atom Bank, then download it to their smartphone or tablet. We recommend that they do this as early as possible, and definitely by the time their mortgage offer is ready. Without the Atom Bank App they can’t complete on a property.
4. Will you support all mobile platforms?
Our App’s currently available for the iPhone and Android devices.
We’ll also be supporting Marshmallow and Lollipop OS and Samsung S4,S5,S6, and S7 Edge, along with Google Nexus 5X and 6P.
Although we’re not restricting the devices you can use our App on, it’ll only be optimised for those we’ve mentioned. That means some things may not appear as they should if you use it on another device. However for every version we create we’ll be making sure that we’re testing against the OS and devices you use the most.
One thing that we’re not planning to do is release a website version of Atom.
5. How does my customer access the Atom bank App?
When your customer’s DIP is accepted by us, they’ll receive an email and SMS with an App activation code. If they haven’t got our App at this stage they’ll need to download it from the App Store or Google Play. If they’ve already done that, they simply open the App and follow the on screen instructions to enter their activation code.
6. My customer hasn't received or has forgotten their App activation code, what do they need to do?
Just ask them to call us on 0333 399 0050 and we’ll help activate their accounts.
7. My customer has deleted their App, what do they need to do to get back into it?
All they need do is download the App again. Once they’ve done that they should be able to access their mortgage account. If for some reason they can't, just ask them to call us on 0333 399 0050 and we’ll help fix things.
8. What does the app do?
In a nutshell, the App connects the customer with their mortgage. It’s essential for the journey of the application, as well as the lifetime of the mortgage. For example, your customer will be able to track their application right from the DIP stage to completion, and it’s via that App that they’ll do things like accept their mortgage offer and T&Cs. Once the property is theirs, they’ll manage everything to do with their mortgage account via the App.
9. Do I, as a broker, need to download the App?
It’s not essential, unless of course you want to become a customer too :) For mortgage application updates, you simply log in through the website as normal and use the case tracking section.
Customer's monthly payment
1. When is my customer's first payment due and how much will it be?
Your customer's first payment will always be at least one month after completion.
If the preferred payment date falls on the day of completion e.g. complete on 25th and chosen payment date is 25th, the first payment will be made exactly one month after completion. This is then repeated each month, and will be for the normal monthly payment amount.
If the preferred payment date doesn’t fall on the day of completion e.g. complete on 2nd and chosen payment date is 25th, the first payment will be made on the chosen date after a full month has passed. In this instance, the first payment amount will cover the interest charged in the month of completion, plus one normal monthly payment. The normal payment amount will be repeated each month thereafter.
2. Do you allow payment holidays?
Not at the moment. However in the future we may allow payment holidays.
Case tracking & management
1. How can I select a product?
As you progress through the application, you’ll come to the product selection page. You’ll find all the facts and figures here to help you make an informed decision for your customers.
2. How can I amend case details after the application has been submitted?
Give us a call on 0333 399 0055 and our Mortgage Processing Team will take a look at this for you.
3. How can I check the progress of a case?
All you need do is access your portal. Click sign in at the top of this page or call us on 03333 990055 to chat with the Mortgage Processing Team.
4. How can I amend a case that has already been offered?
Oops! As every case is different we’ll need to take a look at things for you. So give our Mortgage Processing Team a call on 0333 399 0055 and we'll see what we can do.
5. Can I get a KFI or ESIS for a mortgage?
Yes, you can get an ESIS (European Standardised Information Sheet) and access this via the portal.
6. How long is the DIP valid for?
7. How long is the mortgage offer valid for?
Our mortgage offers are valid for:
- Remortgages: 90 days
- New Purchases (non new build): 150 days
- New Build properties: 180 days
If the Valuation expires before the offer, the customer may need to pay for an additional valuation before proceeding.
8. How long are valuations valid for?
All valuations are valid for 180 days from the date the property was inspected by the valuer. If the valuation expires before the offer, a new valuation may be required.
1. What time can I contact you?
Our dedicated Telephone Intermediary Support Team are available from 9am - 6pm Monday to Friday. The Mortgage Processing Team are available during normal business working hours, Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm. You can also contact our friendly Customer Service Team if you have general queries, and they’re available all day, every day.
2. How do I contact you?
3. How do I find out who my BDM / TBDM is?
As soon as you register with us, we’ll introduce you to your dedicated BDM and telephone BDM. If you'd like a bit more info, simply give our Support Team a call on 0333 399 0055.
Changing your details
1. How do I change my email address?
All you need do is get in touch with our Support Team on 0333 399 0055.
2. How do I change my personal details?
It’s really easy to update and edit your personal details within the self service area of your portal.
1. How do I chase proc fees?
You’ll need to chase any procuration fees through your network.
2. When is my procuration fee issued?
We pay all procuration fees directly to your network or distributor within two weeks of completion. It’s then down to your network or distributor to pay these to you.
1. Do you have a maximum exposure limit within Digital Mortgages?
We’re happy to lend against a maximum of 4 properties.
2. How many applicants can I have on a mortgage?
It’s currently a maximum of 2 applicants.
3. Is there a minimum loan amount?
On a Buy to Let property the minimum loan amount is £50,000, and on residential properties it’s £25,001.
4. Is there a minimum property value / purchase price?
The minimum purchase price for a BTL mortgage is £75,000, and for residential properties it’s £50,000.
One thing to note – where the property is located within the M25, and the property value is less than £100,000, the application will be subject to an additional review by an underwriter.
1. Are Gifted Deposits Acceptable?
Yes, we’re prepared to accept a gifted deposit, as long as no interest in the property is registered to a third party, and the applicant(s) completes Atom’s standard Gifted Deposit form. We’ll also ask conveyancers to clarify the source of funds for gifted deposits.
2. Do you allow Vendor gifted deposits?
No, we do not accept Vendor gifted deposits.
3. Do you allow incentives on a new build purchase?
Yes, up to 5% cash incentives are allowed. Any reasonable non cash-based incentives such as white goods, carpets and curtains etc., will also be allowed.
1. Do you have income multiples?
Yes. We’re happy to lend up to a maximum 4.5 times single income, and 4.5 times joint income.
Contractor's income will be assessed using the formula day rate x 5 days x 46 weeks per year.
2. How long does a customer need to be employed for to have a residential or Buy to Let Mortgage?
They’ll need to have been employed for a minimum of 3 months, with 12 months’ continuous history.
3. How long does a customer need to be self-employed to have a residential or Buy to Let Mortgage?
At least 2 years.
4. What income do I enter for a self employed client?
We’ll need to see 2 years’ records of self-employment history that shows the share of net profit and salary.
5. Is pension income allowed?
Yes, we’ll take 100% of verifiable private pension and state pension into consideration.
6. Do you allow foreign income?
No, we only accept UK taxable income.
1. How do you treat credit card debt?
We’ll assume a minimum monthly payment of 5% on all revolving credit commitments i.e. credit cards, store cards and overdrafts.
2. Do we include outstanding debt even if being cleared as a commitment?
If the commitment is to be repaid and has a balance of more than £1000, you’ll need to let us know where the money is coming from.
3. How do you treat existing debt?
You’ll need to include any existing debt in the application. However, if the debt has less than 6 months left to run, our system will ignore it.
4. What if my client has had previous adverse credit?
We won’t accept an application if your customer has:
- Been bankrupt within the last 6 years
- Received a CCJ within last 6 months
- 1 CCJ of up to £500 if satisfied and up to £250 if unsatisfied (same with defaults)
- Had an IVA's within the last 6 years
- Been in arrears within last 12 months (historic arrears will be referred to underwriter) - see the next section for more info
5. What about arrears?
For unsecured lending or hire purchase, we don’t allow more than 1 month’s arrears within the last 12 months, and expect current payments to be up to date. For credit card, store card, mail order, communications accounts and overdrafts, no more than 2 months’ arrears within the last 12 months are allowed, and all payments must be currently up to date.
1. Can the product fee be added to the loan?
Product fees can be added over and above the maximum LTV, and we’ll actually exclude these from the LTV calculation.
2. Do you accept payment of fees by debit or credit card?
Yes we’re more than happy to do that. You’ll see this option when you get to the fees section on the application.
1. Do you offer a document uploading facility?
Yes, uploading your customer’s documents is really simple, and you can do this as soon as the Decision in Principle has been accepted on the application.
2. How do you let me know what outstanding documentation is needed to support the application?
We’ll keep you updated 24/7 through your case tracking system, so you’ll always know what’s what with the application.
Who will you lend to?
1. Will you lend to British Forces Personnel?
Of course - we’re proud to support our armed services. This even includes those living at a BFPO address stationed abroad.
2. Would you consider applicants who are non-EEA Nationals with or without permanent rights to remain?
Yes. Our rules around this are quite simple: a non-EEA applicant needs to have been a UK resident for minimum of 12 months, and have a minimum of 3 years’ rights to remain with no restrictions on employment.
3. Do you accept inter-family purchases?
Yes we’re happy to do that, at either market value or as a concessionary purchase. Please call us 0333 399 0055 for more info.
4. Do you lend to UK citizens working overseas?
No, with the exception of British armed forces.
5. Do you allow private sales?
Yes, subject to additional checks.
6. Do you allow holiday lets?
No we don’t currently lend on holiday lets, however we’d consider a holiday home for your customer’s own use.
7. Do you allow houses in multiple occupation?
Sorry, no, we don’t currently allow this.
Buy to Let
1. What is the maximum LTV of a BTL?
Up to 75% if under £500,000, and 70% if over £500,000.
2. What is the maximum number of applicants on a BTL?
We allow a maximum of 2 applicants for Buy to Let properties.
3. Are BTL products portable?
No, unfortunately they're not.
4. How do you treat B2L's in the background for a residential, purchase or remortgage?
We treat these as self-funding, as long as the rental income covers the mortgage payments at 145% of pay rate.
5. Will you lend on a property that requires renovation prior to letting?
If the property is in need of minor works, i.e painting and fresh carpets, then yes, we will consider this, but if it’s anything more serious, for example structural damage, then it wouldn’t match our policy as we need the property to be let from day 1.
6. What is minimum and maximum age of a BTL applicant?
The minimum age at application needs to be at least 25; and maximum age at end of term 80.
7. Can you make overpayments on BTL's?
We’ll allow customers to make one-off or regular overpayments up to a maximum percentage of the mortgage balance each year (the exact % is product specific). Any overpayments beyond this will attract Early Repayment Charges, and your customers won’t want that.
8. Can Companies or Trusts apply for BTL's?
No, but our Business Banking team may be able to help. Give them a call on 0333 399 0065 to find out more.
9. Do any or all customers need to be owner occupiers for Buy to Let?
No, all we ask is that they’ve had a mortgage on a property in the past.
10. Do you allow first time buyers on BTL?
No, Atom don’t currently lend on a Buy To Let basis to first time buyers.
11. Do you allow first time landlords?
We do, as long as they’ve owned a property in the past.
12. Do you accept tenants who are students?
Sorry, we don’t lend on student lets.
13. Do you accept tenants who are in receipt of benefits?
Unfortunately we won’t lend on properties where tenants are in receipt of benefits.
14. Do you capital raising on BTL mortgages?
Yes, as long as this isn’t for business purposes or debt consolidation.
15. Do you accept sale and rent back? (The seller intends to sell and remain living in the property)
No, we don’t currently offer this option.
16. How do you treat L2Bs?
This is where the customer is taking out a residential mortgage with Digital Mortgages, L2B will be with a different lender.
Please call us on 0333 399 0055 to discuss this, as it all depends on who the present mortgage is with.
1. Will you accept a property with an annexe?
Yes we’re happy to do this, all we ask is that the whole property is available with vacant possession.
2. Do you accept leasehold properties where the owner has a share of the freehold?
Please call us on 0333 399 0055 to discuss this pre-submission, as we consider these kind of applications on a case by case basis.
3. Do you lend on an adjoining property?
Yes, subject to a valuer's report.
4. Do you lend on properties situated above commercial properties?
We’ll consider lending on flats above commercial premises, but in addition to our normal lending criteria, acceptability will depend on a number of other factors e.g. noise, smell, opening hours nuisance etc.
5. Do you lend on studio flats?
Yes, studio flats may be considered on an exception basis where they’re located in a prestigious development or location. We’ll also need our valuer to confirm their desirability and future saleability.
1. Do you allow someone to raise capital against an unencumbered property?
Yes, and it needs to be keyed as a remortgage, however there may be additional costs and capital raising restrictions. For more info call us on 0333 399 0055.
2. How long does someone need to have owned the property before they can raise capital?
At least 6 months.